Psalm 139:23-24

Psalm139:23,24NLT Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life

.This Psalm evokes both gratitude and appreciation that the human universals of doubt and anxiety cannot hide in our hearts. God already knows my thoughts, so there is nowhere to hide from my own integrity; i.e., my conscience. The Commandments answer all. 

Praying to know the unaware ways I may offend God's code is always worthwhile and healing.

The everlasting isn't my concern. Too many unknowns to fret over. The Psalm generates a humility for the Mysteries yet unsolved, as God also blesses me with constant and random curiosity. Much of Psalm 139 then extols the omnipresence of the Creator, the beautiful splendor of Creation including our own beating hearts, and the human bond that endures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle

Everywhere

Angels above, below