Agnostic Prayer.

Agnostic prayer. Two words you don't expect to see side by side. Is it possible? No doubt, a subject for debate, but not here, not now. It's simply the phenomena of my reality. Why?  Difficult to describe. 

There are only three things: facts, faith, and mystery. Said another way- what I know is true, what I believe is true, and what remains unknown to me. Is there a fourth?

Whether God exists remains a mystery to me, and science, and humankind. Either true, or wishful thinking by fearful mortals facing death, nobody knows with certainty. 

In fact, no certainty to existence. Only know what I hope to be true, a just God running the Universe. Good and evil in constant battle. Creation and destruction ongoing. 

But, this speculation hardly helps the urge of prayer and reflection as a natural behavior of healing. Reluctantly agnostic, short of any tangible proof, I'm still inclined to pray, with only a humbling sense of smallness amidst the vast cosmos of common experience. 

Unknowable, my praying's destination, perhaps irrelevant, it seems generated beyond my will. There is no denying prayer's value, although most remains a mystery- agnostic prayer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle

Everywhere

Angels above, below