Faith & Intellect

You can call it a conversation, but it's gone on for a millennium or longer, no one is certain how long. The difficult dialogue between two tethered states of being continues because they are forever parallel to each other, no points ever intersecting, intellect and faith:

"You've stressed your ways of blind believing for a thousand years by now. Do you have no other rationale for your path? You are loyal, that is certain, even beyond strange and contradictory Scripture that puzzles even you. But, who can follow your logic? Even the incomprehensible doesn't generate one ion of doubt? Then you, Faith, are unshakeable!" 

"You misunderstand me so grandly, Intellect, but it's clear the cause, using logic as compass can still get you quite lost. But, I am a bit shakeable, yet the point of all faith is 'Don't Break'. A little shake makes me stronger over time. To comprehend who I am, you have to feel me, not think me! Feel me?"

"Not exactly, Faith, but I'm listening as always. We seem to be bound by this reflexion of opposites, and yet still conflicted. Which of us will prove to be more important to humankind, where is the clear advantage?"

"As Faith, I have many enduring advantages. For one, I sleep better than you, Intellect."

Knowing that to be true, Intellect had no reply.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle

Everywhere

Angels above, below