Pundits

We have no shortage of pundits and experts, just pick the topic. We hear from them constantly. They're everyone's life coaches, but we didn't hire them, nor can they be fired, inundating the airwaves with their unsolicited wisdoms and truisms.

From various pundits we hear "There is no God-Time; they're both just convincing illusions." Or, "Our Republic, in grave danger, the other party is the egregious threat." Pundits often say anything but the obvious, like the fact that idiots in both parties are democracy's real threat, or like the entire American political process being so demeaning to our intrinsic humanity, contrary to solutions for social problems.

So, try to tell my 71 year old knees that Time doesn't exist, after riding my bike all day. Or, my back, after breaking down my third water pallet for the morning! And, presuming for now, tell my soul there is no God, when I've lost all hope and good cheer. When I question the purpose of my existence, this mysterious direction forward, when my soul- or something- continues to seek and understand. 

Finally, tell my instinct there is no God, when I walk out into another day of utter beauty and perfection, when sky and spirit soar above the silly pundits, and truth becomes self-evident.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle

Everywhere

Angels above, below