Fear

(From January)
When hard pressed, I cried to the Lord; he brought me into a spacious place. 
Psalm 118:5

Yes, new year, finally. The last was a long, slow train wreck that is still derailing, but here we are. What has changed beyond a number? A digit at the end that we'll now remember, what else, one day to the next, same world? Hope and fear arrive together, but that's okay, isn't it always that way? 

This time, after a pandemic year of extremes more contrasted, worn out by a clinging, unclear crisis with little relief, have my few refuges changed? When I'm scared beyond reason I still reflexively turn to God. Where else to go, when my own sorting cannot calm to clarity? Prayer is the first and last antidote to fear, going forward, 2021.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle

Everywhere

Angels above, below